Somehow I missed all this great new music until today (or maybe I just finally had some free time to actually look around):
- The Twilight Saga: Eclipse Soundtrack: crappy vampire movie, but great alternative soundtrack featuring Metric, Muse, The Bravery, Vampire Weekend and a lot more.
- The National – High Violet: this album leaked early, but I finally downloaded it now. They’re a great Brooklyn-based indie band.
- Kate Nash – My Best Friend Is You: I played her first album to death after discovering her long before she made it to the States (I actually saw her first NYC show that she had to play for free after failing to get a work visa), but so far this one has not impressed me as much. I’m going to have to give it a few more listens.
- Kele – The Boxer: solo album from the lead singer of Bloc Party. The singles are pretty good, but I still have to get through the rest of the album. I was disappointed in Bloc Party’s last album, so hopefully this one is better.
- Interpol: two tracks (Lights and Barricade) from their September 7 self-titled album have been released, and they’re both classic Interpol. Lights is in my “heavy rotation.”
Here’s some of the YouTube videos of the above artists. Definitely worth checking out!